Exceeding The Mediocre

Thursday, October 05, 2006

In The Beginning...

My writing has entered its next stage. The stage of passion. I'm turning the page and starting a new chapter. Beginning to write was beginning to accept my calling. I've acknowledged my Father's will and have chosen to lead the narrow, less-traveled path. With that decision alone, I've already begun to recognize the tribulations I'll face.

But I've come to terms with the truth. Jesus perservered and faced trials like I am constantly facing and have yet to come across. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." HEBREWS 11:1 I am constantly practicing faith. It's tested by Satan too many times. One of the greatest answers God has given me is the answer to my purpose in life. Some people go through life questioning their purpose daily. I'm blessed to have listened to God's call for me. You know anyone that doesn't know the Lord? Well, give me their e-mail address and I'll write them. This is how I share Christ with others.

I mean, after all, God chose one way to communicate to His children throughout the rest of time... the Word... the written Word. You might like reading J. K. Rowling, Stephen King, J. R. R. Tolkien or Nicholas Sparks, but when I want to read real literature, I opt for authors like Job, Paul and John. Oh, and you might get caught up reading Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Dickinson or even Shakespeare over a cup of Starbucks, but have you attempted to turn to the sweet melody of King David's psalms? How about Solomon's proverbs? Or is it easier to purchase one of those "Idiot Guides" or "For Dummies" books to find your words of wisdom?

Oh, how I would give my right leg to hold a conversation with one of the Bible's authors. They have and continue to inspire my writing every time I read and reread their sentences, word by word. And to try and comprehend God working through their "pen." You know how I know that my calling is writing? When I sit down to write, so does my Father. When I sit down to write, Paul sits down right next to me. John is on the other side. I feel God working through my fingers.

He is in every word.

1 Comments:

  • Jayme, you're amazing! I'm so proud of you and your writing...you both seem to be growing by leaps and bounds. I find it remarkable that I keep in better touch with you than anybody else at ACU. But I'm thankful for our friendship- even if its only through blogs and such. Keep reaching for your dreams! And thanks for always being an encouragement to me! :) Hope you've had a wonderful day!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home