Exceeding The Mediocre

Thursday, November 13, 2008


Happiness

[last narration lines] Christopher Gardner: This part of my life... this part right here? This is called "happyness." -The Pursuit of Happyness

Have you ever been so blessed to bask in happiness? I am getting the opportunity and I'm not taking a moment for granted. It's like pure joy. It's allowing me to find beauty in the smallest things. Everything has seemed to change for the better because of it. My struggles seem to be lifted, if even momentarily. The part of you that feels empty is filled. You have a new perspective on life. You view others as their best possible version. You're optimistic. I'm actually able to appreciate all the adversity and misfortune in life I've grown accustomed to because it makes the taste of true happiness one hundred times sweeter. It's human nature to ask the ultimate question, "Why am I here?," but when happiness falls into your lap unexpectedly, things just seem to make sense. The world needs more love, more kindness, more compassion. And with that said, happiness tends to follow. I'm thankful I'm getting the chance to experience it.

I'm keeping this post short because, for once, I'm at a loss for words. I think that's OK though. Sometimes a feeling is so overwhelming it's better to sit back and bask in it.

1 Comments:

  • I'm happy because I see you have written another blog!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home