Exceeding The Mediocre

Monday, November 24, 2008


Right now, that's exactly where I want to be. I think Italy has to be one of the most gorgeous places on the face of earth. How inspiring, breathtaking and peaceful it would be to sit on a hill in the countryside of Italy or walk through a vineyard. If I was granted the opportunity to stand and stare out over that country's canvas God painted so beautifully, I'm sure I would be overwhelmed with emotion. Comforted, relaxed, speechless, galvanized, awe-struck, happy... I would fall back into a field and gaze up at the picturesque, blue sky as the white, billowing clouds floated by. I'd feel the breeze through the tall grass tickling my face. I'd breathe in the fresh, crisp air and release it slowly as I marveled at the serenity, grace and purity of such a heavenly place within my grasp. I would wonder how the world is able to force such ugliness upon people while maintaining so much beauty.

Yes, that would be my ideal environment. I bet I could create a lot of meaningful writing there. I would feel invincible, like I could conquer all my fears, unanswered questions and doubts.

A presto!

1 Comments:

  • We should go...Right now. I need to get out of here! And we can hit up London, of course, on the way. Ya know, you can do a lot of writing at Westminister Abbey as well! ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home