Exceeding The Mediocre

Friday, February 27, 2009

Believing in Others

Last night, I received one of the most touching compliments of my life:

"You have everything inside of you to accomplish whatever it is you want to do. You have inside of you what everyone wishes they had."

If that doesn't inspire the recipient, what would?

I have a quote written down in one of my notebooks that was said by Albert Einstein or Mark Twain. When I return home, I'll look it up. But the gist of it was that he could live off one compliment for up to a month. When I can tell that someone is sincerely making the effort to encourage me, what they say is not only processed in my mind but stored in my heart, for what I believe, will remain the rest of my life.

What was said to me last night felt awfully genuine and it moved me. I think I'll live off that one for a few years, if not until I'm six feet under.

1 Comments:

  • This might not sound as eloquent, but I BELIEVE in YOU too!! You inspire me, just like Jack Bauer. Ha! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home